Q. Describe the most common types of jobs you do for your clients.
- Filming (Wedding, Corporate events,Training/educational, Documentaries/interviews, Commercials, Live music/dance shows, Nature)
- Editing/video&sound correction
- Blu-ray/DVD authoring, copying, transferring
Q. Describe three recent jobs you’ve completed.
- Seattle wedding: it was pretty standard wedding scenario. It included bride & groom preparation, wedding ceremony, Seattle-infused video-session and wedding party. The ceremony and the party was held in New Castle Golf Club.
- Episode for TV show “Wait for me”. This program is featured on the main channel in Russia and is about finding and reuniting lost connections. We were shooting the interview, Seattle walk of an immigrant family who were looking for a lost sister back in Russia.
- Video of live music recording production for famous music band “White Fort”: it was a custom order. The client were invited to make a recording in outstanding Seattle music recording studio Electrokitty and our job was to film the live event.
Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. For commercials we require precise professional specs. For general orders – the more specs you provide, the better we’ll be able to fit your taste and expectations. We prefer to receive the orders at least a week in advance before the event. We are very flexible, and our equipment is versatile: Slava is both talented videographer and video-accessory equipment engineer, so we can make really unique footages (prices vary). Our turnaround is faster than average. We also offer wedding photography service (our partner). Read “Ready to make an order?” page on our website for additional details.
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. We can implement unique shooting techniques due to special accessories and professional equipment that we’ve got.
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. If you are interested in wedding video, you should ask if you can create a short “Love story” or make a short movie with friends&family interviews. It’ll diversify your wedding memories.
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. The quality of the movie is a function of budget and time. The “Avatar” quality movie can’t be done with private small studio semi-professional equipment. The more features are desired (e.g. interview with friends&family for an anniversary event), the more time they should allocate for planning.
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. We give preference to cinematic style which favors aesthetics, romance and lyrics. We also have custom engineered accessories that combined with great equipment can create really unique and versatile footages.
Q. What do you like most about your job?
A. Camera work and planning.
Q. What questions do customers most commonly ask you? What’s your answer?
A. How much do you charge for X? What are your prices? Can we do a full wedding video for under $500? We usually answer that for this price it’s not possible to create a high quality product. Then we discuss the tradeoffs and unique features we can offer. The clients are usually happy in the end.
Q. What do you wish customers knew about you or your profession?
A. Shooting can not be done by anybody. One has to have experience/skill and talent in order to create really good quality videos. It’s more than just holding the camera. Also, during weddings, it’s challenging to share the space and view priorities with photographers. It’s more challenging for a camera man to create a continuous wedding documentary, than for a photographer – to create discrete imagery.
Q. Tell us about a recent job you did that you are particularly proud of.
A. We’ve released a 12-parts nature meditative movie “Spirit of Nature II” on blu-ray. It was a big effort, conducted over 2 year period. We never saw Washington state nature movies with this type of quality and perspective before. It captures all beautiful places across the state, including Cascadian mountains, Columbia Plateu, mountain rivers, Olympic peninsula Rainforest and much more. The movie could be bought on our website here.
Q. What is your greatest strength?
A. A good balance of: attention to detail maximizing the quality, fast turnaround and precision/reliability.